Contra-Indications of Conscious Connected Breathwork
Due to the body's response Conscious Connected Breathwork, a three part breath that has no pauses in-between the two inhales & exhales, there are some people who should not participate in this specific practice. This is to ensure your safety. If any of the below medical diagnoses apply to you, you should refrain from the CCB breathwork and we can supplement with a practice that is suited to your needs.
Below are the details cited directly from the International Foundation of Breathwork. Please review the information in it's entirety.
"Breathwork results in certain specific physiological changes in the body and also can result in intense physical and emotional release. As a precaution, the following conditions are contrandicated in certain breathwork practices. It is crucial that you inform your breathwork practitioner if any of the following conditions are relevant to you:
• Detached Retina
• High Blood Pressure (not controlled with medication)
• Cardiovascular disease including angina, previous heart attack or stroke.
• Diagnosis of aneurysm in the brain or abdomen
• Uncontrolled thyroid conditions and diabetes
• Asthma - if the client is asthmatic, ask them to bring their inhaler to the session.
• Prior diagnosis of bipolar disorder, schizophrenia or previous psychiatric condition.
• Hospitalisation for any psychiatric condition or emotional crisis within the last 10 years.
• Any other medical, psychiatric or physical conditions which would impair or affect ability to engage in any activities that involve intense physical and/or emotional release."